Alan W. Watt
Private Alan W. Watt was killed in action 8 January 1945 in Belgium.
(Bridgewater, New Jersey)
26 Jan 1945, Fri • Other Editions • Page 2
- Born in Whitsable, England, August 24, 1910
- Graduated from the Berkeley, California, High School, June 1928.
- Enrolled in the University of California, Davis, August 1928.
- Two-Year Curriculum in Agriculture.
- Graduated in May 1930.
Military Histrory, service number 39049348
ACTIVE SERVICE ASSIGMENTS
- Inducted, Army of the United States, entered on active duty 29 March 1944, as Private.
- Apr 44 to Aug 44; assigned to Company D, 84th Infantry Training Battalion, Camp Roberts, California.
- Aug 44 to Sep 44; Army Ground Forces Replacement Depot #1. Ft. Made, Maryland.
- Oct 44 to Nov 44; assigned to the 11th Replacement Depot, European Theater.
- Dec 44 to Jan 45; Company A, 44th Armed Infantry Battalion, European Theater.
- In service 0 years, 9 mounths and 10 days.
DECORATIONS and AWARDS
- Bronze Star Medal
- Purple Heart (Posthumous)
- European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with two Bronze Service Stars for participation in the Rhineland and Ardennes-Alsace Campaigns.
- World War II Victory Medal.
- Combat Infantry Badge.
Source: Golden Memory Book